Sonntag, 13. Oktober 2013
Just tried to update ILO3 on a HP DL 380 G7 from version 1.16 (Dec 17 2010) to one of the latest version 1.55 (Feb 19 2013) but got the following error message in the browser:
The last firmware update attempt was not successful. Ready for the next update.
Freitag, 11. Oktober 2013
Last week VMware vSphere 5.5 went GA, so it is time to update the home lab to the latest version. I am using the VMware vCenter Appliance (VCSA), and it is the latest version. I never did an upgrade of the VCSA so I start searching the knowledgebase of VMware and found an article describing the upgrade process (VMware KB2058441).
- Before attempting the upgrade, if you are using custom SSL certificates, ensure that they meet the requirements as per Configuring Certificate Authority (CA) signed certificates for vCenter Server Appliance 5.5 (2057223).
- Ensure that you have taken a backup/snapshot of your existing vCenter Server Appliance and the external database.
- Deploy the new VMware vCenter Appliance.
- Connect to both the old and new appliances in separate browser windows. For example, use a URL similar tohttps://ip_address_of_vCenter_VM:5480
- In the new appliance, start the vCenter Server Setup wizard and accept the end user license agreement.
- In the Configure Options panel, select Upgrade from previous version and then click Next.
- Copy the key from the Import this key into the source appliance field.
- If you are upgrading vCenter Server Appliance 5.0.x to 5.5:
- In the old vCenter Server Appliance 5.0, click the Appliance Upgrade tab.
- Select source for the appliance role and click Set role.
- Click Establish Trust.
- Paste the local appliance key into the Remote appliance key field.
- Click Import remote key.
- Copy the local appliance key.
- In the new vCenter Server Appliance 5.5, paste the local appliance key into the Remote appliance key field and click Next.
- If you are upgrading vCenter Server Appliance 5.1 to 5.5:
- In the old vCenter Server Appliance 5.1, paste the key from Step 5 into the Upgrade key field.
- Click Import key.
- Stop vCenter Server.
- Copy the Upgrade key.
- In the new appliance, paste the Upgrade key to the Paste the source appliance key into the field below field and click Next.
- If there are issues detected with your SSL certificates, select the Replace the SSL certificates option. You are prompted for SSO password for user admi...@vsphere.local.
This looks pretty easy. First I deployed a new VCSA with a new name (VCSA 5.5), configured the IP settings, different than my original VCSA (VCSA 5.1). After the OVF deployment I started the VCSA and went to the management page. I accepted the EULA on my new VCSA 5.5.
Mittwoch, 9. Oktober 2013
My.User@domain.com mail.domain.com #<mail.domain.com #5.7.1 smtp; 550 5.7.1 Message rejected as spam by Content Filtering.> #SMTP#
Trying to start snmpd on vmware from where i get the following error: Call "HostServiceSystem.Start" for object "serviceSyste...
Hat heute ein Problem mit WSUS unter Windows Server 2008 R2 bei einem Kunden. Das Problem - die Clients konnten keinen Verbindung zum W...
Wie man das neue Microsoft Office 2013 aktiviert via Kommandozeile, das werde ich euch in dem folgenden Beitrag Schritt für Schritt erkläre...