- Open the Outlook client on a workstation that has Outlook Spy installed on it.
- Highlight the message of which you would like to see the hidden properties for.
- If Outlook Spy is installed you will have an additional toolbar in Outlook client. One of the buttons on this additional toolbar is called IMessage. Please click this button.
- A separate window will open, displaying the hidden properties of this message.
- The RefID will be a PT_LONG type property. The Property Tag will typically be '0x*** ????????D' (where * can vary in it's characters) and the Value will be a 9-12 digit number.
Within the message (or calendar item) in question press: ALT + V-I-E-W
From BlackBerry Storm smartphone:
- Hold the BlackBerry Storm smartphone in portrait view.
- Display the menu and then select Show Keyboard.
- Hold the number key to lock the number keyboard. The 123 icon appears on the screen, and a small lock appears on the number key.
- To display the refid, in landscape view type $-21, or in portrait view type 77331!!.